Bangladesh Association of Banks (BAB) Research & Training Centre
Bangladesh Association of Banks (BAB) is an advisory service organization for the private sector commercial Banks established in the year 1993. From the very inception BAB had an intention to develop human resources in order to bring efficiency and professionalism in Banking. With this end in view, Bangladesh Association of Banks (BAB) formed a Sub – Committee on Training headed by it’s the then Vice Chairman, Mr. Muhammad A (Rumee) Ali, former Deputy Governor, Bangladesh Bank and Chairman of BRAC Bank Ltd. and Mr. A. K. M. Nurul Fazal Bulbul, Chairman, Board Audit Committee of EXIM Bank is the Member-Secretary of RTC, BAB to look after Training programs and Research works. Subsequently Bangladesh Association of Banks (BAB) Research and Training Centre formally started its journey in the year 2007. The main focus of the Bangladesh Association of Banks (BAB) Research and Training Centre is to impart training and arrange seminars / workshops in order to provide support to the employees of the member’s banks towards enhancement of productivity, leadership quality through exchange of information and sharing of knowledge as well as to develop professionalism in Banking.
Aims & Objectives of the RTC:
- To develop human resources of Banking Institutions in order to bring efficiency / & professionalism.
- To develop knowledge and skill of the employees of member Banks on the practical operations of Banking.
- To impart training for removing the knowledge gap among the different level of officers of the member Banks.
- To undertake programs identifying the training need of the Banking sector.
- To make the Banking system more effective and adaptable to the gradually changing situation through concerted efforts of Research and Studies.
- To promote and undertake faculty development programs to assure an adequate supply of competent trainers to institutions conducting training programs for the personnel of Banking.
- To maintain liaison with Banks and financial institutions and educational bodies like BIBM for the purpose of promoting education and training in Banking sector.
- To provide consultancy services to banks or any other institutions or individuals on matters having bearing on productivity in banking services, optimum use of financial resources or any other matter conducive to socio-economic welfare relating to Banking.
- To establish, develop and maintain a rich library with books, research thesis / paper relevant to Banking.
- To conduct Seminars and Symposia on current Socia-economic issues for development of leadership quality through knowledge sharing.
- To review from time to time the impact of training and research activities and offer suggestions for filling the gaps in the banking and financial systems.