To provide guidance from time to time for the conduct of the business of banking.
To promote and develop sound banking principles, practices and conventions in all respects.
To render assistance and provide various common services to members and to the banking industry.
To receive, meet and discuss with the representatives of international financial bodies, eminent economist and bankers.
To settle inter member bank disputes and to adopt appropriate measures against unfair banking practices.
To project a good public image of banking as a services industry.
Objectives of BAB:
- To Act as an advisory body to its member banks.
- To evolve a common thinking through exchange of views among the members towards solution of the problems faced by the banking sector.
- To maintain close contact with Bangladesh Bank, Ministries and other appropriate authorities in order to tide over the difficulties faced by the banking sector.
- To collect classify and disseminate statistical and other information relating to banking sector.
- To organise seminars/ workshops/ training programmes for removing knowledge gap among the different level of officers of member banks.
- To publish periodical newsletters, bulletins and other publications on matters relating to banks.